Glee

24 December 2012


Yesterday she was listening to Taylor Swift’s “Sparks Fly.”
Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain.
She was talking to him.
We’re going to have to take a walk in the rain one day, just so you know.
He answerd back.
We’ll walk in it on one condition: we dance in it too.
She smiled and responded.
We’ll dance in it on one condition: we kiss in it too.
Deal.
Today it rained. It poured. But it lasted only a short moment, when they weren’t together, and then it was gone, and the sun came out again, and the sidewalk glistened.
He’s talking to her.
You know, I was walking back to the church with the campers when it rained today.
And I thought of you.
And our promise.
About the rain.
She smiles and replies.
You know, I was in a vegan bakery when it rained today.
And my friend started complaining about the rain and not having an umbrella.
But I secretly wished it would keep raining.
Because I thought of you.
And our promise.
About the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment